We take your privacy very seriously. This policy tells you about the ways we collect, use, and store personal data for website visitors and clients. It’s also a legal requirement under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Who we are
Our website address is: https://annabellcoaching.com. You can contact us if you have any concerns or questions about this policy at email@example.com.
What type of information do I hold
I gather and use a minimum amount of information for essential purposes such as admin and keeping in touch.
- Email address – directly or through the website. This is used to keep in touch with news, events, and offers, either because you have contacted me with an enquiry or because you have opted-in to my mailing list.
- Name – I use the name you provide, which doesn’t have to be your full name except when making payments for products or services.
- Postal address – occasionally used for essential admin like invoicing (required by HMRC) or to send you a product or information you’ve requested by post.
- Payment information – it’s a legal requirement that I keep a record of the payments you’ve made for products and services.
- Dates of birth – not collected as it’s not required for the services I provide. For young people under 16 years old, I confirm their age with their parents as part of a discussion about the coaching agreement including confidentiality and that I hold full PVG disclosure checks.
- Phone number – to contact you if there are any issues with processing an order. We’ll only call you if there is a delivery problem or if we need to talk to you about your order. Occasionally I ask you to (optionally) provide your mobile number if we are meeting up or you are coming to one of my events. I never use this for cold calling, only to keep in touch when relevant.
- Payment information – we only ask for these when you place an order and we do not store any of your card details on the server. All payment transactions will be processed and held securely by third party payment processing platforms, like Stripe and PayPal. For coaching and events booked outside of the website, it’s a legal requirement that I keep a record of the payments you’ve made for products and services.
- Hand-written notes – I sometimes make brief notes to help to track and support ongoing coaching sessions, and any follow-up we have agreed to. These are kept to a minimum, your full name is never used, and you can ask to access or have these notes at any point. Any paper notes are locked securely in my office.
How do I communicate with you
- Regular newsletters are issued to you if you have enquired or subscribed to receive updates.
- Arrangements for coaching and training events are usually by email or direct message, based on contact details you give me. Occasionally I may suggest we exchange phone numbers when arranging to meet up – this is optional and for your convenience.
How can you access, change or have your information removed
- To unsubscribe from future mailings, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access or change your information, or have it completely removed, please email me at email@example.com. You can also contact me at this email address if you wish to complain, and you have the right to contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you subscribe to our Newsletter, Anna Bell Coaching will periodically send you an email outlining our news, articles, events, and special offers. If you decide you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any point. You can also unsubscribe via a link on every marketing email we send.
Encryption of data (SSL Certificates)
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We will never share or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website. The only exceptions to this, is where we may share some of your data with others, in order to fulfil and process your order with us or where we are legally obliged to do so. In these circumstances, we only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific function. We may share your data in the following ways:
- With agents, including fraud prevention and detection agencies, delivery companies and data processing analysts.
- With credit card clearing agencies and payment service providers. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. We never have access to it. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Stripe or PayPal or other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.